Friday 15 April 2016

Brushing Out The Tangles

Hello!

Before I start this film review, I would like to apologise for being gone so damn long, I honestly don't have a reason why and it's very unacceptable but I hope you can forgive me.

So today I am going to review possibly my joint favourite 'Disney' film that I'm pretty sure is the most underrated spectacular that the world has ever seen.


Based off the book 'Rapunzel', Disney's 'Tangled' (2010) tells the tale of the long, blonde-haired beauty with magical freaking hair who lives in a tall ass tower, Rapunzel (Mandy Moore) and the thieving, charming little not-a-real-prince prince charming that is Flynn Rider - technically it's Eugene but shh - (Zachery Levi) who accidently stumbles onto Rapunzel's house leading to a wonderful adventure and of course falling in love.

Yeah yeah it's a typical cliché kinda story, where two people meet and fall in love and blah blah but honestly, everything is right about the story and the film.

Don't believe me? Well let me spill it out for you.

First of all the characters. Normally in cartoon films, the character's are bleh at best. However, Tangled tells a different tale with characters. I'm pretty damn sure after watching the film more times than I can count too (that's an exaggeration I'm actually pretty good at maths) that there isn't a character that I have thought it just awfully voice acted out or completely irrelevant to the story. Which shows how wonderful both the cast and the writers of the script were, because even characters with a smaller role (take the Pub Thugs for example) are so wonderfully suited to the story and an enjoyment to see in their scenes. Not to mention Levi and Moore's voice acting themselves (as well as singing) who both provide cheeky and enjoyable conversation and heart melting singing that has led to me listening to their duets 100 times and that resulted in my love of Zachery.

Need more persuading? Let me talk about the plot. Yeah the plots kinda predictable, but for a film based off Rapunzel what more do you want? T
he adventures that Flynn and Rapunzel go through together make up the real qualities of the plot, from singing with Pub Thugs, to running away from a really cool horse down a river-dam thing that nearly drowns both of them, there's something funny and new round every corner. The plot pulls you in for a ride though, with heaps of ups and downs that make the film great. You get soooo attatched to the plot its stupid, I found myself so heartbroken at various points and nearly crying with happiness at the ending.

And the soundtrack. Oh my GOD THE MUSIC. The music is to die for in this film! The mix of hilarious and beautiful songs all seem to come at the right time, and as I said previous Moore and Levi's voices (especially in I See The Light which is by far my favourite disney song and made it into my prestigue spotify playlist) make their songs so wonderful you'll want to rewatch the fil
m just to hear them.

Still not persuaded?? Metacritic users agree the film is great, scoring an 8.6/10 user score. Its also been nominated for maaany awards, including their Grammy win in 2012.

I love this film so much I can't even begin. Even the CREDITS are wonderful and creative, I can't even describe the wonderous adventure this film will provide the whole family.

All the laughs, all the cheek, all the smiles and
all the hair. SO MUCH HAIR.

No comments:

Post a Comment